Dinghy sailing courses & lessons in Rye, East Sussex
At our dinghy sailing school in Sussex, on an inland lake by the South coast, we offer Royal Yachting sailing courses and private lessons with our team of experienced RYA instructors. Topper Topaz and Laser Pico’s make up our fleet of boats with a Laser Magno and Laser Bahia. All course dates can be viewed and courses booked through our on line booking system but if the dates don’t suit you do give us a call and we will try and offer alternatives. All our boats based here in East Sussex are available to hire by experienced sailors.
RYA Start Sailing – 2 days – £199.00
- You will be shown how to rig a boat
- Sail across the wind and upwind
- Learn how to tack and gybe
- Bring your boat safely ashore
- You will cover all necessary theory and ropework
Start Sailing Part A – 1 day – £99
This is the first day of the start sailing course for people who are unable to do the course over two consecutive days or just want to get a taste of what dinghy sailing is all about.
Start Sailing Part B – 1 day – £99
The second day of the RYA start sailing course. If you have chosen to do part A as a one day course then this enables you to complete the Start Sailing RYA syllabus.
RYA Sailing Improver Level 2 – 2 days – £199.00
- Progress with the Five Essentials
- Balance, centreboard, sail setting, trim, course made good
- Man overboard recovery
- More advanced boat handling skills
- Improve knowledge of rigging and reefing
Fast-track – RYA Levels 1 & 2 – £358.00
- Book onto both courses and make a massive saving of £40
- Progress rapidly with your skills
Book onto both courses and you will progress rapidly with your sailing skills. Some practice is needed between lessons but after your Start Sailing course you can come back and hire on an hourly basis. Go to basic skills course info for more details about the two day content.
RYA Progression Level 3 – 2 days – £210.00
- Helm and crew seamanship skills
- Use of spinnaker
- Introduction to racing
- Improving on the five essentials
On this course we introduce you to helm and crew seamanship skills and theory. Becoming confident in working with another crew member is an essential part of the course. The five essentials are developed and improved on. You get your first opportunity to use a spinnaker. An introduction to racing is another element of the course content.
RYA Seamanship Skills – 2 days – £210.00
- Learn to crew and helm in a double hander boat.
- Use of main sail and jib
- Sailing rudderless
- Rigging of crew boat
RYA Sailing with Spinnaker – 4 hours – £105.00
- For students who have completed basic skills or above
- Learn to use an asymmetric or symmetric spinnaker
- Use of trapeze
- Capsize recovery including spinnaker
Private 1.1 lessons
£55.00 per hour – single hander
£65.00 Laser Bahia
- Intensive personal tuition
- Concentrate on any aspect of sailing
- Progress rapidly